PTU CET 2012
- Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar
- Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- Punjabi University, Patiala
A student can take this examination right after finishing his/her school education. The minimum requirement to appear in this examination is 10 2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Students who appear in Combined Entrance Test (CET) and find a place in merit can get admission into 1st semester of B.Tech./B.Pharm./B.Arch. programs. After successful completion of any such program, a degree in relevant discipline is awarded by the universities as mentioned above.
PTU CET 2012 Courses
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)
- Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch)
PTU CET 2012 Tentative Dates
- Sale of PTU CET 2012 application form & brochure : 1st week of April, 2012
- Last date for submission of PTU CET 2012 application form : 3rd week of April, 2012
- Date of PTU CET 2012 entrance exam : 1st week of May, 2012
- Announcement of PTU CET 2012 exam results : Last week of May, 2012
PTU CET 2012 Application Form
The PTU CET 2012 Information Brochure-cum-Application Form will be available for sale from 17th March, 2012 at PTU Office, Ladowali Road, Jalandhar City; Directorate of Technical Education, Plot No. 1, Sector 36-A, Chandigarh and at All Engineering / Pharmacy / Architecture Colleges affiliated to PTU & selected branches of Punjab National Bank
PTU CET 2012 Application Fee
Cost of Brochure Rs. 550/- at Counter, Rs. 600/- by post in the shape of DD in favour of Registrar, PTU payable at Jalandhar.
PTU CET 2012 Exam Pattern
- This is a written test of three parts. Part 1 comprises Physics, part II comprises Mathematics and Par III consists of Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Computer science.
- Each part has 40 multiple choice questions.
- The candidate is to select one answer and mark it on the answer sheet (OMR) with only dark black ball pen / Gel pen.
- Medium of examination is English.
- There is no negative marking in the test.
PTU CET 2012 Eligibility CriteriaFor Engineering Course: All those candidate who have cleared 10+2 examination with pass in Physics. Mathematics as compulsory subjects and any one of the following optional subjects: Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science.
Those candidates who have passed diploma in any Engineering Trade from Punjab State Board of Technical Education, Chandigarh or Diploma/ Certificate course from Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal or such Examination form any other recognized State Board of Technical Education.
For Architecture Course: A candidate who has passed 10+2 examination and has secured not less than 50% marks with Mathematics and English as subjects of examination.
For Pharmacy Course: Has passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination conducted by recognized Board/ University/ Council with pass in Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects, along with any one of the following optional subjects:- Mathematics/Bio-Technology/ Computer Science/ Biology OR All those candidates who have passed Diploma in pharmacy from an institution affiliated to Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial training/Punjabi University, Patiala or any other University or any State Board of Technical Education provided that the diploma or the institute is duly approved by AICTE. OR
The Candidates who possessed qualification equivalent to 10+2, shall also cover 3 year (Diploma) recognized by the Centre/State Government provided the candidate passed the Diploma examination with 50% marks in aggregate shall be eligible for admission to 1 st year of a 5-year B.Arch. course subject to an aptitude test.
For Pharmacy Course: Has pass 10+2 or its equivalent examination (see note) conducted by recognized Board/ University/ Council with pass in Physics and Chemistry.
As compulsory subjects, along with any one of the following optional subjects:- Mathematics/Bio-Technology/ Computer Science/ Biology OR All those candidates who have passed Diploma in pharmacy from an institution affiliated to Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial training/Punjabi University, Patiala or any other University or any State Board of Technical Education provided that the diploma or the institute is duly approved by AICTE.
Admission to different Universities shall be governed by their respective eligibility criteria (Given in the Part-B of the Information Brochure) form any other recognized State.
Note: Admission to different Universities shall be governed by their respective eligibility criteria.
PTU CET 2012 Admission Process
PTU is conducting admission to
- B.Tech, B.Arch and B.Pharmacy colleges affiliated to PTU comprising of 41 Engineering Colleges, 21 colleges of Pharmacy and 06 Colleges of Architecture.
- B.Tech courses in Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar Campus College two Regional Centres.
- B.Tech courses in Punjabi University, Amritsar, Campus College and one Engineering College.
- Agricultural Engg, course in PAU, Ludhiana.
PTU CET 2012 Seat Reservation
- 85% seats are reserved for candidates of Punjab residence and the remaining 15% seats are open on All India Basis.
- Candidates may note that CET merit is the first criteria for admission to Management Quota seat.
- For 15% seats in each college-admission will be based on AIEEE (details in prospectus) merit. Students applying under this category need not take CET. However, they must fill the relevant admission application form of PTU and submit application by prescribed due date.
How to Apply For PTU CET 2012
- Engineering / Pharmacy / Architecture Colleges affiliated to PTU
- Directorate of Technical Education, Plot No. 1, Sector 36-A, Chandigarh
- Selected branches of Punjab National Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank (details on website)
- Information Brochure along with the application form will be available for sale at the following places
- Admission Cell of PTU at Ladowali Road, Jalandhar; participating Universities.
PTU CET 2012 Notification
This section will provide you with the latest and updated information on Combined Entrance Test( CET), Punjab. So keep coming back here.
CET Punjab Notification: Stay tuned for the latest official notification on Combined Entrance Test(CET Punjab 2012).
PTU CET 2012 Syllabus
They follow the basic syllabus of senior secondary examination. Candidates should have good knowledge of the following topics.
PTU CET Mathematics Syllabus
1. SETS, RELATIONS AND FUNCTIONS
2. COMPLEX NUMBERS AND QUADRATIC EQUATIONS
3. MATRICES AND DETERMINANTS
4. PERMUTATIONS AND COMBINATIONS
5. MATHEMATICAL INDUCTION
6. BINOMIAL THEOREM AND ITS SIMPLE APPLICATIONS
7. SEQUENCES AND SERIES
8. LIMIT, CONTINUITY AND DIFFERENTIABILITY
9. INTEGRAL CALCULUS
10. Differential Equations
11. CO-ORDINATE GEOMETRY
12. Three Dimensional Geometry
13. Vector Algebra
14. STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY
16. MATHEMATICAL REASONING
PTU CET Physics Syllabus
1. PHYSICS AND MEASUREMENT
3. LAWS OF MOTION
4. WORK, ENERGY AND POWER
5. ROTATIONAL MOTION
7. PROPERTIES OF SOLIDS AND LIQUIDS
9. KINETIC THEORY OF GASES
10. OSCILLATIONS AND WAVES
12. CURRENT ELECTRICITY
13. MAGNETIC EFFECTS OF CURRENT AND MAGNETISM
14. ELECTROMAGNETIC INDUCTION AND ALTERNATING CURRENTS
15. ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES
17. DUAL NATURE OF MATTER AND RADIATION
18. ATOMS AND NUCLEI
19. ELECTRONIC DEVICES
20. COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
PTU CET Chemistry Syllabus
1. Some Basic concepts IN CHEMISTRY
2. States of Matter
3. Atomic Structure
4. Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
5. CHEMICAL THERMODYNAMICS
8. REDOX REACTIONS AND ELECTROCHEMISTRY
9. CHEMICAL KINETICS
10. SURFACE CHEMISTRY
11. CLASSIFICATION OF ELEMENTS AND PERIODICITY IN PROPERTIES
12. GENERAL PRINCIPLES AND PROCESSES OF ISOLATION OF METALS
14. BLOCK ELEMENTS (ALKALI AND ALKALINE EARTH METALS)
15. P - BLOCK ELEMENTS: Group - 13 to Group 18 Elements
16. d - and f - BLOCK ELEMENTS
17. CO-ORDINATION COMPOUNDS
18. ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTRY
19. Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
20. SOME BASIC PRINCIPLES OF ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
22. Organic Compounds Containing Halogens
23. Organic compounds containing Oxygen
24. Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
26. Bio Molecules
27. Chemistry in everyday life
PTU CET Contact Details
Punjab Technical University
Jalandhar 144 001
Ph. No.: +91-181-2244002,2244005
Website : www.ptu.ac.in